WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rrman

Cannot unclog a nozzle on Epson R1800

Guest rrman

I am having a problem with clogged nozzles on my Epson R1800 printer. Maybe you can offer a suggestion. I bought some special cleaner and the directions say to put a pool of cleaner on the sponge pads (which prevent the nozzles from drying out) then raise them so that print head will soak in the cleaner.

This doesn't work with the R1800. On this printer one must open the right housing to locate a white shaft inside. Turning this shaft counter-clockwise releases the print head so one can slide it out of the way to reveal the sponge pads. I can drop a pool of cleaner on the pads without any problem and then slide the print head back over the sponges.

However, turning the shaft clockwise to bring the pads up against the print nozzle also turns the roller pump which sucks out the cleaner. I don't get any soaking action. Can anyone offer a suggestion for getting the cleaner onto the pads after they are raised?

Nicholas Geti

Best thing to do is remove the print head and clean it ! Print heads are very easy to remove! Youtube has a video on how to remove R1800 print head! I bought a R1800 for $10.00 at a rummage sale,brought it home removed the print head and cleaned it! Now it works perfect!