WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
chips34

Cannot recognize cartridges

Hi , I have a artisan 810 and have epson ink and when they got low i put in new ones.....

Well after that i put in new epson ink in and then all 6 cartridges i get the cannot recognize cartridges !

I talked to epson and they sent me new ink but i get the same problem !!

Since it over 2 years old they will not replace it......they replace it 6 months ago with this one because the other one had a clog in the black ink...

I took ink in and out and unplugged it a few times with the same problem.....

One thing is if i have 5 of 6 cartridges in it will only give me a error on the missing one but as soon as all 6 are in all 6 start to blink....

I think I have to make firmware downgrade. If it will not help me - I'll ask for help here.

Hi, for your information, my Photo R3000 shown suddenly similar problem:

no matter of what ink cartridge I put in the proper position it was never acknowledged.

Tried two different 3rd party and one genuine inks, no way.

Sorted out by dismantling the nice Epson creature and found the ink spring contact on the opposite side were filthy of dry ink. R3000 is surely different from your model but it could be a hint: the ink cartridge pad pushes against spring contact and it could appear looking to them (from ink cartridge position) that any of all spring contact are soldered on a mother-raiser pcb, but is not like this, the inner raiser pcb have also golden pads pushing against spring contacts! clever.

However if ink cartridge flood out it will go on spring contacts on both sides, cartridge side AND inner side spring contacts, so cleaning contacts on accessible side probably will do 50% of the job.

Sorted by dismantling the printer (by R3000 service manual) quite easy, the inner parts are flowing randomly, a lot of different screw sizes, plastic parts with hook/rib connection, to watch quietly before acting.

Also, if ink flood happens again, never puff to dry these ink contacts, it will push all dirty on the inner side, that has springs contacts as well, maybe better clean with diluted ammonia and let them dry quickly by warm air, like slow speed warm hairdryer.