WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
John_Admin

How to upload Chipless Firmware to printer by WIC utility

I have tried many times now to start up my epson wf 4730 in update mode according to your instructions, no luck. how accurate is the photograph showing where to press on the printer touchscreen. and should i release the buttons as soon as the blue light comes on, or hold it for a count of three? thanks.

Press right upper location of touch screen - then POWER
Hold until Blue Power button will turn ON  - then release all buttons
If You hold more time - you will get Red text

so i took a chance and updated the 'usb'. that worked, the printer was updated. all went well, bought the key and am ready to do that. But i cannot find the file 'license.exe'. where is it supposed to be?

update: I found your link for license,exe in a forum. but when i downloaded and ran it, the printer selection was empty. the version was from July 2018. i'm guessing there is a newer one that recognizes the WF 4730? thanks.

Mizar5 WF 4730 screenshot.jpg

Edited by Mizar5
update

John, hello. back on May 25th when I said 'it all works' I meant that the firmware update was successful, and the printer display panel showed all of the cartridges as completely full. 

Well I just tried for the first time a couple of days ago to print and it did not work. I thought it might be the cartridges, so I put in a set of cartridges from my other 4730 (cartridges that worked fine in the other printer). The upgraded printer still did not print. I ran the nozzle check and the print head cleaning functions, still it does not print. Only the very slightest of ink shows on the paper. When I print the same file to the other printer, using the same cartridges, the other printer works fine.

Any idea on this? Thanks

John,

Hello again. I have been using oem cartridges. Also, i have been trying the print head cleaning the printer performs itself, and then also tried a manual cleaning. Nothing is working, just getting very minute amounts of print showing, if hardly anything at all. 

Since it wont' print, I'll only be able to use the printer for scanning.

However, I have another identical 4730, and was hoping i could transfer your firmware to that printer. Can that be done?

Thanks.

Hey there! I got a recovery key, but it says "activation code and printer's ID do not match".

If I try to activate again I get a communication failed error (-10093).

I purchased this as gaspacho79@gmail.com, my recovery key is C9JTT-YVKJ4-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Hi John,  Epson XP440 user

In July i bought chipless for 2 printers  Activation Key: 
06-15 C8G67-XXXXX-M4RVR-HDBD3-TFXFH
07-05 D6MFT-XXXXX-4DGTD-X3VJQ-J6FPK

I have had significant challenge getting my continuousious system working and destroyed 3 printers in the process.  Under warranty, I got a new printer.  Now I am able to reinstall the firmware but unable to recover aor activate on epsons replacement.  Please help me to activate? I bought 2 licenses and not using either at this moment  

I must say I'm really disapointed. It did not worked for Epson p600. I bought Firmware key and updated printer as described. Printer reported update successful, but nothing has changed, INK levels are as they were before... I would love to get my money back...

Update process consists of two steps, first application send firmware data to the printer and signal that transfer is finished, then printer shutdown all communication and start internal update, at this point it`s impossile to check the results. Recently Epson started to block older versions of the firmware with their updates, after checking firmware signature printer just refuses to write data to the chip. If you send me key via PM, I will restore it. After this, you have two options, either use WIC key again with this method that may or may not work:

or replace WIC key with CS key after paying the difference.

• Thanks 1