WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
John_Admin

Epson SC-P600 Chipless firmware

Through WIC Reset Utility Live Support we get contacted by Epson SC-P600 users from all over the world. Brazil, USA, Canada, Asia, Africa, Russia, China, Italy, Germany and on and on.

This users are facing problems while modifying SC-P600 firmware to chipless mode. So we want here to share following step-by-step manual how to modify Epson SC-P600 firmware to make this printer chipless.

Chipless Firmware (Firmware with disabled ink cartridges)  is available for SC-P600 printer model.

You can check it by yourself before making firmware changes:

Run WIC Utility -> go to Supported Models Tab -> Enter in Search Field Your model -> Put mouse on letter at the left of printer model:

epson sc-p600 firmware chipless

p600.jpg

Now You are sure Chipless Firmware is available for SC-P600 model and this can be done in regular (normal, default) mode  it means You dont need to put printer in Service Mode before firmware changing.

Note: Ink cartridges are NOT required to be installed while firmware process. That means you can perform firmware operation without ink cartridges installed or installed any cartridges full or finished, original or third party it doesnt mind.

Click on Disable Ink Cartridges Button.

Warning: Dont use Firmware Update option. You have to use Disable Cartridges button!

disable.jpg

To make firmware operations You have to use Firmware Key

After entering the Firmware Key  wait until all operations are finished and printer will restart with New Chipless Firmware.

You can uninstall now chips from ink cartridges or just forget them. They are disabled now.

Here You can watch step-by-step Video Tutorial of firmware process:

I have done the downgrade my SC-P600 to chipless mode. Almost everything works fine but at the first print after I have switched off/on the printer I get an error message that the cartridges can not get recognized. I have to open/close the cartridge box so that the printer recognize the cartridges again and start the print. The status of the cartridges shows 100% full. Is there any solution so that I can print after switchting off/on the printer without any error?

That sounds good. Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to gat an other key via Email so that I can try again.

can you please let me know how I can get the renewed key? When I check my key I get the error message that this already has been used.

We have purchased the "FIRMWARE KEY for WIC Reset Uility", for use in an Epson P-600 but it does not work. We did the procedure according to the video https://www.wic.support/epson-sc-p600-no-inks-firmware-how-to-change-firmware- a -chipless /.

The ink levels in the printer panel remain the same, there is no change. During the firmware update there was no problem, everything seemed fine.

We try to do the procedure again and it tells us that the key has already been used. What should we do?. The firmware version that was finally installed on the printer was: AT13H613 / 06/2017.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:45 PM, John_Admin said:

Firmware version is right

We can renew your key and you can try upload firmware once more time

I still get the message "You cannot use this key anymore because it has been already used on 2018-05-18 22:21:09. You need a new key". Can you please let me know how I can get the renewed key?

On 5/24/2018 at 4:45 PM, John_Admin said:

Firmware version is right

We can renew your key and you can try upload firmware once more time

now I have tried another time. I have used exactly the manual of your website but have still the same result. At the first print after I have switched off/on the printer I get an error message that the cartridges can not get recognized. I have to open/close the cartridge box so that the printer recognize the cartridges again and start the print. The status of the cartridges Shows always 100% full.

Can you Help me to get this fixed?

The Problem is that the printer beeps and Shows the error message that the cartridges could not get recognized at every first print after powering off the printer. As soon I open and close the cartridge case the cartridges get recognized again and the printer prints out correctly. (see Pictures)

post-6437-0-88897300-1527601961_thumb.jpg

post-6437-0-09227400-1527601976_thumb.jpg

I have just found an article that describes my problem. The solution my be to put the SC-P600 printer in service mode before installing tehe ink firmware. I really would like to try that. Would it be possible for you to reset my key one more time so that I can try the installation in service mode?

now I have tried the FW-Change in Service mode of the SC-P600 printer. Unfortunately I have the same result as before. Every first print the printer shows the error message that the cartridges can not get recognized by the printer. After opening/closing the cartridge case the printer recognize the cartridges and prints fine.

Do you have any idear how to fix that so that printer does not come up with the error message?

I have done update of P600 with AT23F3 firmware, followed procedure, but after the update I do not see full ink levels, stayed the same. I tried OFF/ON and cartridge cover, but no change.

Would repeating procedure help? Need new key?

I did th chipless update for the epson sc p600 as instucted above but there appears to be no change to my printer, ink levels do not show 100% and will not work without chips. The download and install showed sucessful on WIC reset.

The only thing I can think of is that the printer turn its self off after firmware update and after a minute I turned it back on. Does this sound correct?

Hello I have an Epson P600 and I would like to change the firmware so that the cartridges always show me the full ink, my printer brings the firmware version AT13H6 13/06/2017. Can I make the firmware change ?. greetings and thanks.

hi. I try do No Inks Firmware for my SC-P600. but when I try I have that problem.

I have Firmware ver: AT20G4
status monitor utility is off
connect by USB
only I have problem with 2 recognized cartridge

Enzo, I could not tell for sure, sometimes Epson blocks older firmware versions in the new parties on the loader level. Unfortunately in can not be tested beforehand.

elpik, please, select `support > send error report` in the main menu of the WIC, this will send application logs on the sever and I will check them.

I purchased the license and ran through the procedure and it got to the point where it was sending the firmware to my printer and then it turned off. It didn't come back on on its own after 5 minutes, so I turned it on and the ink levels are still reading at various amounts and not the 100%. My license does show as used, but I need to know if it can be reset so I can try again. I'm not sure what I did wrong. 

Good day. Unfortunately, this particual  version of the firmware has been blocked for your device either during manufacturing or via recent official firmware update. You need to use firmware from chipless solutions.