WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware

Does the firmware for Epson Workforce Pro 4720 also work for a Workforce Pro 4740. I have a 4740. I was hoping to use refillable cartridges without expensive one time use cartridge chips.

Hello!
I lost my Chipless f/w on my Epson WF-C5790 following a firmware upgrade. I tried both WF-C5790_FWG238TL_CV99Z9 (~15 Jan 2020 + license.zip) and WFC5790_NU_CV99Z9 (~11 May 2020 + NoInks.zip) using my recovery file but wasn't able to activate. Both are flashing the firmware successfully to WF-C5790 (CV14I9) version. Could you help?

Order ID: 18639356 @ PayPro Global, Inc.
Invoice Date: 15-Jan-2020

Thanks,
Mathew K J

When I first bought this FW-7710 printer I updated the firmware with the latest Epson firmware (FA12J4). It worked and I printed a few pages. 

Then one cartridge ran out of ink so I have an ink error. 

Then I discovered chiplesssolutions.com . I downloaded the chipless firmware (FA99Z9) and the installer utility and using Windows 7-Pro I installed the firmware to the printer. (No special Firmware mode--I just turned on the printer and dismissed the cartridge error and started the firmware utility.) Connected to Win laptop with USB. No queued print jobs. 

The process stalled at about 85 percent. The printer did nothing for a few minutes then it restarted. The Epson install app kept crawling up to 96 percent. The printer did nothing, just showing the cartridge error. 

I halted the Epson processes and restarted the Epson. It shows firmware version FA24I5.

I repeated the chipless firmware install. Same results. 

What to do now?

Thanks.

This is expected, check current firmware version on the printer's LCD or using WIC application. If it is the same as chipless one (real firmware version is in the file name before 99Z9) then update was sucessfull and you need to activate it.

Hi, i buy a Key and then i use the WICReset on Mac for chipless firmware update, when the Process on WicReset done the printer got and error: Epson ROM: IPLI, NOT WRITABLE... now when i power on the printer on the screen say Recovery Mode... What can i do? i lost my money? pleas help @wic.support Thanks in advance.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

This message indicates that used firmare version is blocked on the printer.

You may use latest official firmware version to restore previous state.

You also need to use firmware from chipless solutions to make printer chipless and for this you will need windows. 

I have a hackintosh Mojave 10.14.1 and Wf-2860 + 10.52.LQ17IA firmware
Refill Inkt Cartridge No Chip Voor Epson Workforce WF-2861 WF-2810 WF-2830 WF-2835 WF-2860 WF-2850 WF-2865 Printer ( not tested for now  )

do i need a key ? If yes no key software for mac ?

Hello. Paid the firmware key for epson WF-7710. 

I did all the steps and in the end when I restar my printer I still have the error message of empty ink cartridge.

looking in the printer I still have the last firmware even hafter using the program to change it

please help.

Captura.PNG.4e39fa09f70295252d857679b0cecfc7.PNG

106412001_2347672918867678_1992692666955506775_n.jpg

105289769_3132609390141494_4004999253371996296_n.jpg

Hi john i update c5290 in firmware update mode and complete 100% but printer wont restart just stuck, in normal mode complete 100% but it show update failed , here is the firmware version costumer support gave me : FWG241TL_ZZ99Z9

Also try to run no ink updater said key not register , costumer service gave 20digits ink key but i saw from no ink manual it should 12digits, which one is correct , now im confused with the system you guys offered, please give me solution.

Hi John, 
I'm a Printer leasing vendor from M'sia, and I interested the chipless solution for Epson WF-C5790. I have few question to check with you, before I proceed to next step to purchase the ID from you

1. Does your ID key can compatible in Malaysia ? 
2. Does the firmware resetter can work in Malaysia?  

3. After I make payment to you, how did I get the activation code from you? will send the code to me via email immediately?

4. If the ID code doesn't work, can I claim it from you? If yes, how to contact you if any issue happen?   
5. As I understand every printer will keep on update the printer firmware, then your firmware can overcome it when this issue happen? 
    in other way, does the firmware will keep on update in order to match/work with the printer latest firmware? 

appreciate that your prompt reply, and pls reply it to me via email : lam@spsprinter.top 

Randy

1. Does your ID key can compatible in Malaysia ?  - YES
2. Does the firmware resetter can work in Malaysia?  - YES

3. After I make payment to you, how did I get the activation code from you? will send the code to me via email immediately? - YES

4. If the ID code doesn't work, can I claim it from you? If yes, how to contact you if any issue happen?   
  You can contact anyway - at this forum, Live Help, email.  Our Activation Keys woark 100% (if you dont have software or hardware issues on your side with printer or PC)

5. As I understand every printer will keep on update the printer firmware, then your firmware can overcome it when this issue happen? 
    in other way, does the firmware will keep on update in order to match/work with the printer latest firmware? 
   After You update printer with chipless firmware - disable printers automatic updates. If no - printer can be updated to Epson original firmware and You will have NO chipless firmware. You have to upload chipless firmware again and use your Activation Key again. 

Hello, I bought 2 keys for C5790, the one that does not expire. Should I use the License.exe activator or the NOINKS UPDATER? I'm confused, before the keys were shorter and used with the NOINKS for WF-C5790, now?

Thanks

Hello,

I just want to share my experience here. My printer is a WF-4630 USA, firmware GM01I8 01/08/2018. I downgrade to GM09GC 09/12/2016 chipless. Now the level of my ink is infinite!. I did not deactivate my antivirus or firewall what so ever. Everything was running smooth when the firmware was installing. I use a USB 3.0 cable.

Thank you!

wf4630.jpg