WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
AleSajas

License.exe shows Communication Failed - error code 10060

Hi John,

The firmware update went through as expected, but I just ran into that communication error as well (despite of disabling the firewall on my end and testing 2 different USB ports). Just in case it matters, I have a Epson WF PRO 4720 and used the firmware from https://chiplesssolutions.com/download/WF4730_FWF475TL_CM23I5.zip for my update. My order number is #15964616.

Are your servers ok or is there perhaps an alternative approach to activate based on the ID code?

Maybe I was too late by just doing my test today, but I had no success using telnet on my machine as well as on my mobile using 2 different ISPs (normal fiber + mobile phone company via 4G). No firewalls were active for the test and I also tried it additionally via a VPN provider to ensure no ISP filtering happens.

C:\>telnet 211.159.168.205 63429

Connecting To 211.159.168.205...Could not open connection to the host, on port 63429: Connect failed

Looking at my TCP viewer I can clearly see that a SYN package was sent, but nothing is coming back (SYN/ACK is missing) as the 2nd step for a TCP handshake. In all cases I simply get a connection timeout, which makes me feel that might be an issue with the remote server not wanting to talk to me rather than a problem on my end.

Hi,

I just tried it again, but got the same issue using port 20102 as you mentioned. It's again stuck after sending the syn package to the port at IP 211.159.168.205. My firewall is deactivated  and communication to other ips works fine. Could you please verify that the server is still up?

Thank you,

My order #193493 Key less firmware for Epson xp 960

I've got error code 10060 communication error. My printer USB connect with the PC is no problem. Please help.    

communication error.jpg

Hello,

I've bought and activation key for my WF-3720 but I can't activate the chipless firmware.
I'm getting the error message: 

CHANGE USB PORT. CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION, MAKE SURE THAT PROXY IS NOT USED AND DISABLE FIREWALL.TRY AGAIN LATER. 10060)

02.png.58733e2c416dae485d3e1558e65178c8.png

01.PNG.101330b2471e9a968913f73ef7b3898d.PNG

I've checked the internet connection and I can't reach the server.
I've also tried a other internet connection but the same error.

Is there someone who can help me with activating my WF-3720 chipless firmware?
Is the server online and reachable?

Kind regards,

Kenneth

Chipless server is blocked by something on your side it may be antivirus/firewall on PC or firewall on router or even internet service provider. You can check software on PC and router setting, but if it is provider then you need to use VPN for activation (there are plenty of free ones on the web).

Any suggestions for a free vpn that I could use?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allright the problem is fixed I have used https://windscribe.com/ as vpn tool and tested the telnet command and bingo!
It was the internet provider that was blocking the connection.

activation.PNG.c454803dbb225094c1e52eb28d8d7652.PNG

Thank you for your suggestions!

License.exe shows Communication Failed error with error code:

• 10060 or 10065 Client application on the user side could not connect to the server. Make sure that you are using stable internet connection. Make sure that antivirus/firewall software does not block application. Make sure that server is accessible from your side. If possible, try to change internet provider.