WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
JosephSmith

XP-241 how to refill and reset ink cartridge recognition

I've already activated my printer with the Chipless firmware and License.

How can I keep printing after taking the cartridge out and putting it back refilled in the EPSON XP-241?
It shows an error, can I use a sequence of buttons? Do I must have to turn it off and back on? The cancel red button didn't do it

Good day too,

So, I did it:

1) I held the red button until the cartridges get in the change position

2) Got the cartridges out and back in

3) pressed the red button until cartridges got to the inside position

4) it shows the "ink drop" led steady on, and if I press the red button again and again it stops at each of the 4 cartridges.

WICReset Status:

Status    Ink out error    
Black    Unavailable    
Yellow    Unavailable    
Magenta    Unavailable    
Cyan    Unavailable    

My question is: how can I change or refill them and it shows 100% again? Do I have to turn the printer off every time?

Thank you.

If you installed and activated chipless firmare then the printer shoud show 'ready to prinnt' even without cartridges, please, describe exactly what you did in details.

Hi

I did the step by step I said above, there is no other step. The problem is to recognize as 100% after refilling a cartridge or changing any cartridge.

Do i have to TURN THE PRINTER OFF every time I change/refill any cartridge??

Thanks

Good day. I think there are some misunderstanding, because if you succesfully activated printer after using chipless firmware it should show full ink levels regradless of the state of the cartridges, in fact it will show 100% even without any cartridges installed. If this not happening then chipless firmware was not activated properly, in which case I need more information. 

Hey,

yes it was activated successfully and it shows 100% ink, BUT when I need to refill them or change a cartridge, it doesn't show 100% and it shows up an error, as I said, and I can't print anymore before turning it off.

My original question is, what to do to print after changing a cartridge/refilling, do I MUST have to turn the printer off and back on? There is no way to recognize all cartridges as 100%, faster than turning it off?

Is that working as expected after using the activation key?

Thanks

I see, unfortunately, there are no faster way to do this at the moment, if this is a serious obstacle you may consider continious ink supply system.

• Like 1