WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
dhanang_it

WF-7211 downgrade failed - stuck in recovery mode

Hi, my epson wf-7211 stuck in recovery mode after failed firmware downgrade, i have searching the right firmware but all doesnt work, please help and is there a chipless solution for this printer?thank you..  

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-02 at 2.35.27 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-02 at 2.35.27 PM.jpeg

unfortunately recovery firmware doesnt work

below are apllication.log file :

Core::UpdatePresentList usb :: EPSON :: MFP-IPL :: 000000000000000000 :: \\?\usb#vid_04b8&pid_0007#000000000000000000#{28d78fad-5a12-11d1-ae5b-0000f803a8c2} ::  :: USB014
Core::UpdateSupportList Support list created in 434
RemoteControl::BUILD_GUID BUILD GUID: WF7210.RCMODE ---
Core::EpsonRemoteBuildData Key  will be used for firmware update.
RemoteControl::BUILD_DATA BUILD DATA: www.printhelp.info/data/firmware/WF7210.RCMODE REAL
Core::EpsonRemoteBuildData Operation is interrupted.
RemoteControl::BUILD_GUID BUILD GUID: WF7210.RCMODE ---
Core::EpsonRemoteBuildData Key  will be used for firmware update.
RemoteControl::BUILD_DATA BUILD DATA: www.printhelp.info/data/firmware/WF7210.RCMODE REAL
PrinterEpsonDD4::upgradeFirmware Start uploading firmware to the printer.
IEEEManager::commandDD4Enter IEEE ENTER
IEEEManager::commandDD4Init IEEE INIT
IEEEManager::commandDD4CHID IEEE CHID: 2 EPSON-CTRL
IEEEManager::commandDD4Open IEEE OPEN: 2 2 1024 64
IEEEManager::sendMessageDD4 IEEE [SEND]: 66 6C 01 00 01
IEEEManager::readMessageDD4 IEEE [READ]: 67 6D 3A 4E 41 3B 0C 00
PrinterEpsonDD4::do_log_communication I/O raw command reply is unknown.
PrinterEpsonDD4::do_log_communication - An error occurred when application tried to write/read data into/from the printer.
PrinterEpsonDD4::do_log_communication - Reboot the printer each time you see this error before starting another operation.
PrinterEpsonDD4::do_log_communication - If possible try to replace USB cord/make sure that network connection is reliable.
PrinterEpsonDD4::do_log_communication - If Status Monitor Utility is supported by the OS and it is active then disable it.
PrinterEpsonDD4::do_log_communication - Disable other applications that can use the printer and cancel all printing tasks.
IEEEManager::commandDD4Free IEEE FREE: 2 2
IEEEManager::commandDD4Exit IEEE EXIT

Hellow I want to buy the WF-7211 as my sublimation printer, does the chipless firmware is already availble??? WIc.support said "Unfortunately, chipless firmware is not available for this model." last September 2019, its 2020 now hope chipless is availbe now

Sorry If Im annoying, I would just like to ask for the last time if there is already confirmed 7211 chipless firmware that already worked, and if yes how many are in your database have confirmed 7211 chipless activation... SOrry Im just realy carefull I'll be buying the printer this week... and still unsure if It will will work for chipless, as you know here in my country philipines caltridges t288 is very expensive and realy hard to order... Im planning to make the printer as sublimation Im just very carefull because i dont want to waste a very hard earned money for the printer...  and if the printer is unable to be downgraded to chipless it will become useless to me.. becasue there is also no autoreset chip available here in philippines, Please.. I hope you could reply with honesty... I hope you understand my situation... I saving my money for a long time for this printer... THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Godbless...

Good day sir,

How about the 7211?? Sorry I just have to be sure because if I cannot downgrade the 7211 that im about to buy, It will be unusable to me because i'll be converting it to Sublimation...

If ever it wont work Is there still chance you can make another firmware?? thank you

Good day john, so by saying 7210 and 7211 have common firmware you mean they share the exact same firmware?? Let say if I bought the 7211 printer today and try to downgrade to chipless and if it failed, can I send you a copy of my firmware for you to make a chipless from it??? I just want to clear things.. thanks.. and cheers

Hey John I forgot to update you... Yes my WF-7211 is now CHIPLESS, Im soo happy... thank you so much... I even made unboxing video plus CISS installatiion tuturial, my next video will be tutorial videos on how to make wf7211 chipless... 

here my youtube channel.. "Sorry I speak TAGALOG on my videos its our native dialect in Philippines"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3CKoZD7vR_mzdRtgnC0vEA

Cheers... :D

Hi, I'm currently having the same Problem with my Epson 2527 being stuck in recovery mode. Dide the whole procedure with the Utillity but after trying to do fix recovery mode update all I get is "I/O raw command reply is unknown".  I connected with USB and same problem. No background processes open either, as I tried on a secon laptop without any printer software on it. What can I do? 
I would be incredibly grateful if someone could help me with this issue. 

Thanks ! 

Bild_2021-03-07_214749.png

5 hours ago, wic.support said:

Good day. Try again now.

Thanks, so now It worked with uploading the firmware to the printer. However the printer now says: ROM not writeable - while the power button is blinking.

Any idea what that means? Should I leave it or should I restart the printer ?