WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware

I updated the firmware without a problem.  Please see the first photo.  However, when I fire up the license.exe, I can't see the printer on the USB connection.  The printer selection list is all blank.  

I've already paid for a key but can't use it.  I am in the USA.

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5866.JPG

I thought about the USB cable, so I changed 3 different cables.  Neither of them works.  

Also, I can see my Artisan 1400 if I plugin the Artisan instead of WF-2750, so it's not a faulty USB.

I bought this WF-2750 recently, is it possible that the software doesn't work for newer printers?

Good day.

1. Try different USB ports.

2. Install WIC reset and check if printer is recognized by it.

3. Make sure that virtual USB port assigned to the printer is below 64, this one is only relevant if you have a lot of printers installed in the system. You can see USB port on the 'ports' tab of the printer`s settings or on the device tooltip in WIC.

4. If you are using WIN10 try to start license.exe with administrator rights.

I'm having the same issue with the license.exe. A month ago I was using it just fine and have licensed almost 100 different printers now but it no longer works. I can load the firmware for the 3720, P400, P600, and P800 but the License.exe just doesn't see any printers. I've had to carry the printers to other computers to get it to install the license. WIC reset does recognize the printers as well as the firmware installers, I've used different USB ports and cords and I've tried launching with administrator rights. I only have the Windows Defender protecting my computer and I've tried disabling everything (antivirus, ransomware protection, firewalls, you name it) and still, the licensing program just doesn't see my printers. We have many computers here but this one is in the shop and would be the most important one to get working correctly so any advice or any ideas are appreciated. I'm quite tech savvy and work with printers and computers every day so even if it technical I can do it. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Brad,

I was able to solve the problem with another laptop (like your solution). 
For this problem computer, it is the second time that I licensed a printer.  However, this printer is used for refurbishing printers, so it has been connected to many printers (100+).

It is running Windows 8.  I hope this information will help someone to find a solution.

BradC, each time when you connect usb printer to the PC virtual printing USB port name (USB001,USB002,etc) is assigned, once you install the driver this assignment is remembered and as result the more installed printers you have in the system the higher is port number for the next one. Unfortunately, license.exe can only work with first 64 ports, so in order to use it with the new device, you need to delete one of the existed printers with low port number, freeing it, and then replug the new one (of course it will only work if new device is not installed itself, otherwise it will have fixed port number and nothing will change). Bottom line, remove as much unused printers from the system as possible.

Thanks for the information everyone. wic.support, I had already uninstalled all printers on my computer and as you had previously suspected it was a lot. It still didn't work even after uninstalling all printers but I did find the fix. I went into my device manager and uninstalled the USBs (all of them for good measure) from my Universal Serial Bus controllers category and restarted my computer and voila it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your assistance everyone.

EcoDuck, I've never used windows 8 but on Windows 10 right-clicking the start button opens up a menu where you can go into Device Manager and find the USB categories and uninstall all of them in the list and restart your computer. If Windows 8 doesn't have the option for Device Manager like the windows 10 does, additionally you can launch the Run and type in devmgmt.msc  which will also launch your device manager. Once in there, your USBs should be at the very bottom and when you can uninstall them all and restart your computer. If you're not familiar with how that works, when you uninstall everything and restart the computer, upon restarting your computer automatically scans for hardware changes and will reinstall everything you've uninstalled. 

Thanks again, everyone!