WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Humberto

WF3720 - Wrong ID Readed from the printer

Today i bought chipless solution for Epson WF 3720 but does not work upgrade firmware

send an error

ROM IS NOT WRITABLE

What can i do?

post-6516-0-14230500-1546845570_thumb.jpeg

workforce 3720 pro enters program update mode but ROM is not writable using chipless firmware

Humberto,

I think you have NOT uploaded WF3720 firmware to printer yet

See how You can do it -

https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=107&products_id=1837

kipngok,

We have updated firmware for WF3720

I think you have uploaded old firmware.

Please download WF3720 firmware from this link -

https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=107&products_id=1837

I am receiving this error when trying to activate on a WF-3720. The firmware was updated successfully but this error appears, have tried on two different computers and have the same problem. I did buy an activation code, order 17956338.

epson.jpg

The error happens right after I click the activate online button. I downloaded and flashed the firmware again and had the same problem. This printer received an epson firmware update yesterday that disabled my non genuine ink cartridges so the printer only goes into a screen saying it cannot recognize the cartridges when I power it on, so I am not sure what the current version is. Does it need to have genuine cartridges in it for this to work?

Untitled.jpg

Good day. As you can see on the screen, firmware that has been used for update is CL27J9, but firmware for the link I provided is CL21I2, somehow wrong version has been used. Please, delete all  existing firmware archives from the PC first, then download firmware directly from my link, make sure that archive name contains CL21I2, then unpack it and execute.

I have the same issue as Justin, above. The download you provided for CL2112 contains CL27J9 which results in a "wrong ID readed from the printer" when trying to activate.  do you have a link to the correct firmware file.  Using a WF-3720 printer.

I think the link that was provided is the right firmware as it shows the correct version when transferring but then the printer says finished and shows the wrong version, it appears the printer is not actually accepting the firmware. I've tried flashing it like 10 times.

Untitled.jpg

I am having the exact same problem as Justin.  My WF-3720 is the same firmware version, CL27J9 and displays the same behavior when trying to update to CL21I2.  I have not purchased the chipless key yet, I wanted to make sure it would work first and looks like it doesn't at the moment.  I will purchase if it can be fixed.

I found a way to update the firmware successfully...

Before: 

IMG_5387.jpg.c7722d19c710e6b7f7ad5d54b6885999.jpg

1.  Attempt the firmware update as previously described with CL21I2.

2.  Once the update utility says it has successfully sent the firmware to the printer and has the finish button, look at the printer.

3.  While the blue led is blinking on the printer, it is attempting the firmware update,  unplug the power to the printer.  This will effectively brick it. This idea from Nougart's post here

4.  Plug the printer back in and power it on.

5.  The printer should now show it is in recovery mode.

IMG_5388.jpg.beff194101b01e569fd45a1cc35be8bc.jpg

6.  Attempt the firmware update once again with CL21I2 and this time it should work.

IMG_5390.jpg.d13fd87c1425fdf5729e1bd228da6056.jpg

It worked successfully for me and I can now get the Printer's ID successfully from the license.exe. 

image.png.6524e4793545d39fca696a8db6ee2131.png.b8bcf07abeb1c5e489ef6054fb079b7d.png

I performed this with no ink in the printer.  When I put my 3rd party ink in the printer I got this error:

IMG_5389.jpg.4050ba5fff9c258e96193915a4387a62.jpg

I bought the key and used the activate online and it updated the printer successfully.  I turned it off as stated in the instructions and then powered it back on.  It took quite a while to come back online but once it did all is good, the error is gone and it recognizes my 3rd party ink cartridges once again!

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what happens to your printer, attempt this at your own risk.