WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
EcoDuck

WF-3640 WIC Firmware Downgrade Not Working

I bought a firmware flash key this morning.  To my suprise, the Epson firmware can't be flushed.

Do you guys know what is the problem?  The WIC behaves like usual: download, install, then says the firmware is uploaded.

The printer will think for a while, then display this "ROM is not writable".  

IMG_6172.jpg

Good day. Unfortunately, Epson started to block specific old versions of the firmware on the new devices, firmware from the WIC could not be flushed on your printer, you need to use chipless version from the Chipless Solutions. If printer is already erased previous firmware before checking and blocking new one, you can restore functionality using free recovery firmware that you can enable via settings.

I am having the same problem here I bought a key yesterday as the software version 5.57 said it supported firmware downgrade for my printer model wf-3640  with the purchase of a firmware key. Has this issue been fixed?

I ran into the same exact problem as the in the begining on this thread.  Same Black screen with white letters ROM IS NOT WRITABLE.

IMG_6172.jpg

Unfortunately, Epson started to block specific old versions of the firmware on the new devices, firmware from the WIC could not be flushed on your printer. If printer is already erased previous firmware before checking and blocking the new one, you can restore functionality using free recovery firmware that you can enable via settings. Send me the key you are used in the PM, then you can try this method:

https://forum.2manuals.com/index.php?/topic/80765-how-to-update-and-activate-chipless-firmware-complete-guide/&tab=comments#comment-87421

but if it will not work then it will mean that we could not provide a solution right now.