Printer Reset Forum
jfcagnoli

EPSON WF-C5790 "Ink Leak" Error 034841 - ¡ Help !

¡ Hello !

My name is John, I'm from Argentina and I find myself in search of a little help. I have an EPSON WorkForce Pro WF-C5790. The matter is that after installing chipless software, the refillable cartridges, and using a Maintenance Box Resetter, I forgot to replace the pads with an absorbant material, and the box filled up, and ink fall inside the right bottom section of the printer. I drained all the ink by putting the printer sideways to the right and the front corner, the ink fell, but the printer continues to display an error message "034841", I was able to see in a Scribd document, called C5290 error codes, that the code corresponds to INK LEAK. I do not know how to fix this, I reinstalled the firmware, in Program Update Mode and first in normal mode. I don't think it's likely to have a sensor that measures ink level in the case of the printer? 

If someone could please help me remove this error message, I would be forever grateful, I use the printer to work it's my day to day income. Thank you so much in advanced.

John

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-31 at 12.10.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-31 at 12.10.20 (1).jpeg

Hello Jhon, 

Thank you so much for your answer, and taking the time to see my case. I used a dryblower with hot and cold air for about 10 minutes, and opened every printer door in the case, took out the cartridges, and the maintenance box. Still, the printer shows that error. I was wondering, where is the humidity sensor on this printer? Because maybe it got wet on itself, and using air will not do the trick, perhaps replacing it is the solution, but I don't have the service manual or I cannot see where it is, from outside the printer. Maybe you could help me with this, at least to tell the official EPSON service here, (they are so poorly trained), so they can replace it or clean it. 

Thank you so much, 

John

Thank you for your reply Margaret1, I'm from Argentina, so we don't have access to that specialized technical support, at least from a private company that can assure you the technical knowledge. It's expensive to buy this imported printers here, so it's very important for us in terms of investment and taking care of it. I wonder where that sensor might be...