WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Eric Bao TIn

Epson C5210 chipless can not be recovered after firmware update

Hi,

I'm a reseller of printers and I have several c5210 currently having this problem. After October update, the Epson c5210 can not be recovered.

I have access printer firmware update mode, re-update the firmware into the Chipless version, try to recover the chipless using the recovery code. But receive this error:

d66f53b2f015164b4f04.jpg.68f828a861e9b652ffdd78854b4f66f1.jpg

It is highly because the Epson new firmware has prevent chipless from being recovered/working.  Can you update the firmware for c5210/c5290 please.

Thank you,

Eric

Hi,

my order is Your Activation Key for WF-C5210, WF-C5290, WF-C5710, WF-C5790, PX-S884, PX-M884F - use before July 20 order is complete (#16977111) - Paypro Global

I'm a regular buyer from 2manuals.com. The keys I used to activate WF-C5290 in this order can no longer be recovered after firmware update.

I WILL BUY NEW KEYS, but I also need new firmware because the old firmware WF-C5290 will give "Reading Failed -1" error when trying to recover or activate with new keys.

Please update the firmware for WF-C5290.

Thank you,

Eric

We have updated firmware
Please downloait here - http://chiplesssolutions.com/download/WFC5290_FWG241TL_ZZ99Z9.zip

Upload firmware to  printer in normal mode  - dont put printer in Program Update mode.
The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% -  it is ok!
Open task manager and stop updater process.
Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed now in your printer!

Please reply about results.

Hi John,

I tried the updated C5210 file above, I didn't mean to use the file, is there any way to go back to a previous version on this printer?

We have updated firmware
Please downloait here - http://chiplesssolutions.com/download/WFC5290_FWG241TL_ZZ99Z9.zip

Upload firmware to  printer in normal mode  - dont put printer in Program Update mode.
The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% -  it is ok!
Open task manager and stop updater process.
Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed now in your printer!

I tried the download on my WF-C5210, the process didn't work, is there any other updates for my model?

My printer now looks like the attached.

Is there any new solutions?

P1120398.jpeg

I tried the updated file from Dec. 17, it didn't work, ended up with the same screen as the photo posted above.

Any ideas on how to produce chipless after Epson's firmware update on Oct. 11, 2019?