Printer Reset Forum
John_Admin

NoInks Updater for making chipless printers WF-C5xxx

Hello Admin, I would like to confirm if "NoInks Updater" software for e.g. for WF-C5790 and "Chipless Solutions" software for e.g. for XP-241 have the same purpouse or do different things. Thanks

We are doing another today - same as we always do

but it reports this error

, we have downloaded latest firmware and no update, it appears to upload ok and switches off when you press ok

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

We are doing another today - same as we always do

but it reports this error

, we have downloaded latest firmware and no update, it appears to upload ok and switches off when you press ok

2 (1).jpg

So we got another printer out of the box as we have many in stock and tried with a new printer but it says the serial number we try to enter is used on the above printer , but the above printer refused to update , gave error and we have no recovery file 

Capture.JPG

So we purchased another serial today that's  2 so far today  entered this and now it says firmware already updated and offers no recovery file :(

Edited by shane
another serial

Hello Admin, there are 2 different software's for WF-C5890 and XP-241, correct? So, I would like to confirm if "NoInks Updater" software (for e.g. for WF-C5790) and "Chipless Solutions" software (for e.g. for XP-241) have the same purpouse or do different things. Can you confirm that or how it works? Thanks

Hi John

so printer 1  wont  update on no inks updater and says please upload  firmware when we already have and it has used the serial  despite saying  please upload firmware

because of this issue it wont offer a recovery download because it thinks its not updated  firmware and gives update firmware error - have shown images above 

printer 2 we managed to update after buying new serial again today  but it has also refused to offer a recovery update

so both printers refuse to let you download a recovery update 

we do know what we are doing as we have already done 5 of them 

thanks 

Hi John any solutions for us ?

printer 1 wont update says upload firmware its already uploaded i showed pictures, its used the serial when it tried to use the no update file and provided no recovery file and wont update any more

printer 2  wont offer recovery file either 

we have done 4 others in the last 2 weeks all ok 

So i presume this product no longer works as no solution is being offered - no problem we will stop advertising it for sale 

Good day. For the first printer - you need to update it in the normal working mode, not in the service mode and final version as shown in the printer`s settings after update must be - CS26I9.

so for our latest one the firmware after using EPFWUPD is CS05JC  we have tried many times , it appears to upload and switches off but firmware after is still CS05JC  after update so no inks updater wont work

any solutions for this please ?

Hi,

I just ran EPFWUPD.exe to load the firmware into a WF-C5290 and it was done successfully. However, when I powered on the printer, I got the following message repetitively: "Printer Error: Turn on the printer again. See your documentation for more details. 060008". Thanks for your help.

1. Did you uploaded firmware to printer in Normal mode or in Firmware Update Mode???
2. What is your current firmware version?

You have uploaded firmware in Firmware mode - that is not right
You have to upload firmware in NORMAL mode!
Download this firmware - http://www.chiplesssolutions.com/download/noinks_updater/WFC5790_NU_CV14I9_CV99Z9.zip
And upload it to printer in NORMAL mode
After printer restarts - check current firmware version
If It is CV14I9 - you can use your key

Hi admin, I have the same printer, and I was tried to update it with NORMAL mode as you instructed, but it was impossible to make it. I tried several times, its only works in update mode, not in NORMAL mode. is there any other soltion for this?