Printer Reset Forum
thomasinpr

WF3720 - Invalid Activation Key??

Did the chipless firmware change to my Epson WF 3720 but activation didn't work at all. Then went to forum and read that there's a new version of the firmware with link in the article which I followed and completed the firmware change as advised. Went to activate, but now get message "Invalid code error. please check." Need help.Yes I paid for the activation key.

John, After posting my problem I experienced (invalid (activation) code error) I loaded the cartridges and started the printer and found that it works. However I still have a question. The ink levels still show up on the screen showing partially full cartridge capacity. Is this the way it is expected to display after the firmware change?

Another question: After reviewing the manual this morning I see I neglected to copy the recovery code while I had the software open. Please provide instruction to get back to that screen to copy the code.  

showing partially full cartridge capacity

It have to show all cartridges 100% always

get back to that screen to copy the code

Try to use License.exe utility and key once more time

FYI - the printer is working with 3rd party cartridges. They show as partially full. Do I really need to do anything more? If yes, what is it I should do?

The current firmware is C2112. I switched off the firmware update notification to "off"

When I run the activation app it does not find the printer. Please explain how to do this.