WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
boxx17

XP-15000 - Move chipless to a different printer?

About 10 days ago or so I installed the chipless firmware on my then, well-working 2 week old Epson XP-15000. Today however, I got error 031006. It goes to that error as soon as you power on the printer. Epson seems to think this is a very significant hardware failure and they are shipping a new printer. (I can't find much online about it.)

Do I have to buy the firmware again? I hope there is a way I don't; I purposely tested the printer for a few weeks before doing so just to be sure.

Thanks much for your help!

IMG_8666.JPG

Thanks for the quick reply.

I powered the printer on and ran the updater. It pushes the firmware, restarts the printer (error pops up right away again) and the updater slowly proceeds to 100% before I get the message the update failed. I have tried twice now with the same results. I am connected via USB.

I ran license and enter key. It says key written successfully. I power off the printer and back on. I get the Epson screen and then error code 031006.

I've tried this a few additional times without luck. When I power on the printer, the print head doesn't move, doesn't even try. I get the epson screen for a few seconds and then the error.

A replacement is on the way. Will I be able to use the license I purchased two weeks ago for the new?