WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Hamset

XP-231 - reading failed-1

exactly the same thing happens to me as in this case 

I have activated several machines from this computer, in fact yesterday I activated an xp231, the problem is with this other one that apparently has the updated firmware. 

An xp241 gave me exactly the same fault and I solved it with the new firmware that they exposed in the other post that I attached in this message

1. Install and run WICReset then click `Report` button in the main interface and post a screenshot with the shown information.

2. For this model update process is only possible if printer is ready to print (i.e. it does not show ink out error or any other errors at all). For such printer recognizable ink cartridges or suitable alternative must be installed while it is updating. Did you have IC cartridges during update?

Model Name    XP-230 Series    
    Status    Ink out error    
    Firmware ver.    FO04JA 04/10/2019    
    Serial Number    W2HK041578    
    Print Head ID    09F64537BUUUP04    
    Manual cleaning counter    4    
    Timer cleaning counter    3    
    Ink replacement cleaning counter    2    
    Total print pass counter    39841    
    Total print page counter    626    
    Total scan counter    315    
    First TI received time    11/08/2016    
    Ink replacement counter - black    2    
    Ink replacement counter - cyan    1    
    Ink replacement counter - magenta    1    
    Ink replacement counter - yellow    1    
    Last printer fatal error code 1    0xEA CR LOAD POSITION excess load error. CR encoder failure. CR motor failure. Carriage overload. Tooth skip or improper tension of the timing belt. Cable or FFC disconnection.    
    Last printer fatal error code 2    0xF1 PF PID excess load error. Encoder failure. PF motor failure. PF Mechanism overload. Cable or FFC disconnection. Tooth skip or improper tension of the timing belt. Cable or FFC disconnection. Motor driver failure. Main board failure.    
    Last printer fatal error code 3    0xF1 PF PID excess load error. Encoder failure. PF motor failure. PF Mechanism overload. Cable or FFC disconnection. Tooth skip or improper tension of the timing belt. Cable or FFC disconnection. Motor driver failure. Main board failure.    
    Last printer fatal error code 4    0xF1 PF PID excess load error. Encoder failure. PF motor failure. PF Mechanism overload. Cable or FFC disconnection. Tooth skip or improper tension of the timing belt. Cable or FFC disconnection. Motor driver failure. Main board failure.    
    Last printer fatal error code 5    0x00 Fatal error does not occur.    
    Last scanner fatal error code 1    0x10 Scanner/ADF home position detection error. CIS Module failure. Scanner housing upper failure (home seek pattern is dirty). Scanner housing lower failure (the rack section is damaged). Scanner motor failure. Insufficient grease. Foreign object. Cable or FFC disconnection. Main board failure.    

It does not have cartridges installed but the error it gives is it reads 1. 4 days ago I activated another xp231, it gave an error regarding the internet, it linked the internet of the cell phone and it worked well. That machine was active (it did not have cartridges either).

Current version of the firmware on the printer is FO04JA but chipless firmware is FO30HA.

Please, install ink cartridges and try to update firmware with chipless version again.

Printer must show ready to print status during firmware update, but it does not matter during the activation process