WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware

Hi, I am trying to make my epson wf 7710 chipless, I installed the update necessary

(so the usb connection isn't faulty) yet when I run the license.exe, everything is blank and I can't select my printer to

input my key. Usb connection is not disabled on my printer (saw that as a suggested solution on another forum post).

license.PNG.c5e4789b3f7e1c822c026a8ba34f6d79.PNG

Try following:
- replace USB cable
- change USB port
- delete all other printer installed on PC
- reboot PC
restart printer

- try on other PC

I have changed the cable and tried another computer, the printer still isn't being recognised. The printer shows version FA24I5, and I have uninstalled other printers (although this is for home and so I do not have many other printers connected). I have rebooted the printer and computers multiple times

If you tried other computers and other USB cables - maybe something with printers USB port. 
Firmware Updater and License.exe use different protocols. 
So try to use new USB cable
Something on your side

Hi, 

I figured it out- I was using the front usb port that I assume is only intended for storing scans and such, I was unaware that there was another on the side, which was able to allow the printer to communicate with my computer.

I assumed that the connection worked due to the firmware update going through but after checking I saw that this update was done over my network and not through the cable. 

Thank you for the help

The printer shows version FA24I5, and I have uninstalled other printers (although this is for home and so I do not have many other printers connected). I have rebooted the printer and computers multiple times UPSers