WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Bill B.

P800 - Uploading and Verifying Firmware to Use Activation Key

Hello, I own several Epson printers I wish to make chipless and I'm in the process of using the chipless firmware solution for the SC-P800 printer model. I have followed the instructions from the chipless manual page ( https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=107&products_id=1849 ) and I am not sure if I'm able to purchase the activation key at this point.

The firmware updater gets to 99 percent complete then a status failed appears (shown attached). I've tried two more times with the same result. I read on another help page that this may occur for newer Epson printers and continued on to see if the firmware updated using the Wic Rest Utility. Checking the firmware version from the check printer data option, it reads OR18HC 18/12/2017. Is it possible to purchase an activation key to make the SC-P800 chipless at this point?

I very much appreciate the help and more than likely will need to purchase more activation keys in the future.

Many thanks.

Screenshot firmware updater (478).jpg

Screenshot wicrest (482).jpg

This behaviour (updater showing error) is expected due to the recent changes made by epson, as long as the printer has correct version after update you can activate it.

OR18HC is correct version so you may continue with activation.

Thanks for the assistance. Everything seems to be working fine.

I was also interested to know if a no expiration activation key is able to be used more than once on the same printer. If for some reason a switch back to chipped ink cartridges might be needed, it certainly would be worth considering.

Thanks again.