WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
sammm

WF-7620 chipless firmware questions

Hi all the staff,

I have an Epson WF7620 that somehow accidentally got firmware updated in lately. We have a few users and someone might have done it accidentally. Now my CISS is no longer recognised and cannot print at all. I ran your tool and here is the current firmware, AD23K3 - 23/03/2020.

Just a quick question. Will your tool be able to downgrade the firmware of my printer and fix this problem? I heard that Epson has disable the firmware downgrade feature. I want to make sure that this will work 100% before I pay for the firmware key. If it does not work, will you give me full refund? Thank you.

Cheers,

Hi John, I have bought the key but nothing coming in to my email. Can you please check? Thanks. The order no. is 20267626.

I own a WF-7620 and I seeking to convert it to a chipless printer using the WIC tool. However, I hope I can have the following clarified. The link below shows a table of supported Epson printers:

https://chiplesssolutions.com/support.shtml

For my WF-7620 the table shows  "AD21G7"  for Required Firmware Key.  And "NA" for Activation Key.  Can anybody please clarify what the "NA" is about?  Does it mean it is free for me to use this chipless software on my WF-7620?  And is the "AD21G7" still a functional Firmware Key?

Additionally, on the website link below:

https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1149

The notice shown below appears about my WF-7620:

"The reset and read counters function are NOT available for this models (adjustment functions only):"

What does that mean?  Does it mean the WF-7620 chipless firmware is not working at 100% ?   I ask because nowhere in this forum thread can I find a clarification on the bold notice shown above.  I hope somebody in this forum can explain what possible limitations exist.  Will I still be able to Scan and Fax if I install this firmware? 

Lastly, I still need to buy third party refillable ink cartridges for my Epson WF-7620 printer.  What is the correct refillable ink cartridges I can buy that will help the WIC firmware in working problem free?  Any advice that points me to the best online store I can buy the correct third party refillable ink cartridges from will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

For my WF-7620 the table shows  "AD21G7"  for Required Firmware Key.  And "NA" for Activation Key. Can anybody please clarify what the "NA" is about?  Does it mean it is free for me to use this chipless software on my WF-7620?  And is the "AD21G7" still a functional Firmware Key?

This means that chipless firmware for this model is only available in the WICReset and it is not supported by Chipless Solutions.

This firmware is not free and AD21G7 is actual firmware version, not a key. You need to use keys from there:

https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=102&products_id=1816

The notice shown below appears about my WF-7620:

"The reset and read counters function are NOT available for this models (adjustment functions only)."

Some printers has a chip on the maintenance box and for those printers software reset is not possible at all. This has no direct relation to the chipless firmware.

Lastly, I still need to buy third party refillable ink cartridges for my Epson WF-7620 printer.  What is the correct refillable ink cartridges I can buy that will help the WIC firmware in working problem free?  Any advice that points me to the best online store I can buy the correct third party refillable ink cartridges from will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

If you will be able to install chipless firmware it will work with anything that you can install in the printhead, it will even work without any IC at all. Unfortunately I do not have specific advice about what store will be the best for your country or which IC to use.