WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Money

WF-7820, WF-7840 chipless firmware?

Are there any plans on chipless firmware for Epson WF-7820 WF-7840?
This model replaced 7710-/7720 wide format printer here in the States. I have had the printer for about a week now and have been able to use refillable cartridges by placing the original epson chips on the empty cartridges. Any chipless firmware would be BIG for the sublimation and digital arts community.

screenshot7820.jpg

Hello,

Is there a chipless firmware download for Epson WF-7820? I am looking for one but don't see it listed--I know it's a new model and I just purchased it.

Thanks!

Hi John, Will the WF-7820 firmware in development for 2021 also compatible with the WF-7840, or is it only for 7820? Thanks in advance.

I still have time to exchange my 7840 for a 7820 at the store.

I know you said you're expected to finish this year but is there a rough time frame for when this could be available?

Also, are you expecting to support the new Epson 4820s and 4830s?

A distributor has around 500 of these printers but you do not give a date, an exact date is needed because if they continue to delay, Epson will remove them from the market and no one will be able to buy from these references.

I really hope this is close!  It is crazing I have gone through 2 sets of chips and not even half of the ink in the cartridge.  I know it goes by copies not what is in the cartridge but it is crazy.  Can’t even image the amount of ink people just throw away because of these stupid chips.  🤣🤣