Printer Reset Forum
jfprinter

C5290 Activation Failed after Firmware Automatic Update

Hello, 

I bought a NOInks key (does not expire) for EPSON C5290. I applied it succesfully the the printer. Then the printer in a few days automatically updated to the EPSON original firmware.

I installed the Chipless Firmware again and tryed to activate with the same NOINKS key, that does not expire, and it says that the key has already been used (and the error window says the date I firstly activate it). 

I have the recovery file. How can I manage to re-activate the printer? It's the SAME printer, the same code used on that printer, and the Chipless webpage says it doesn't expire. 

Thanks John

1738845323_Updatefailed.thumb.jpeg.ba197bed7d93661a2d4378dd131bc9ad.jpeg

If you are using noinks key then you need to apply recovery file from the `Recovery Update` pane in the NoInkUpdater (right after `new update` at the middle of the window). 

Hello @wic.support thanks for your reply. 

The recovery file was not generated when I first activated the printer. I made a thread on this forum about this error, and @John_Admin told me to activate it again, but that did not work. 

So, how can you generate me the recovery file please? Do you need the Key and the Serial Number?

Thanks, 

John

Jhon, as I stated in the previous comments, the RECOVERY FILE WAS NOT GENERATED DUE TO THE NOINKS ACTIVATOR CLOSING AFTER ACTIVATING THE PRINTER. It was an error on the NOINKS activator. 

So, please, tell me how we can solve this, because I paid the 50 USD for the code, and I cannot use it in the conditions I bought it, that is, that it never expire. 

I need you to generate me the recovery file for my serial number and key that belongs to this printer and I paid for.

Thanks

Juan

Jhon, as I stated in the previous comments, the RECOVERY FILE WAS NOT GENERATED DUE TO THE NOINKS ACTIVATOR CLOSING AFTER ACTIVATING THE PRINTER. It was an error on the NOINKS activator. 

So, please, tell me how we can solve this, because I paid the 50 USD for the code, and I cannot use it in the conditions I bought it, that is, that it never expire. 

I need you to generate me the recovery file for my serial number and key that belongs to this printer and I paid for.

Thanks

Juan