WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
ChuckD6421

Epson WorkForce WF-4720, WF-4725, WF-4730, WF-4740 (EURO) Ver.1.0.1 Service Adjustment Program

Hi all,

The Subject is the description of the product. I have an American WF-4740 though. Would this program be suitable for that, even though the product description says "EURO"?

I have a WF-4740 that just passed 3 years of general, trouble-free household use and suddenly won't boot past the logo screen (with the bar passing back and forth along the bottom.

I've let it sit for a day like that and it doesn't budge.

I've had it completely unplugged for a day and tried.

I am able to use the power button to perform a proper shut down.

I'm able to access via USB (we're normally wifi) and ran the recovery firmware tool which seemed to run properly.

None of these has worked.

I finally found the service manual here and bought it and the first thing I see in the t-shooting flowchart says to use this tool to pull any error codes (none appear on the display). So this tool says "(EURO)" after the WF-4740 and I'm wondering if this is compatible with my American WF-4740.

The only difference here is during the writing of the initial settings, if this operation is used application will set region to europe in the eeprom and default paper size to A4, everyting else is the same. Additionally error codes usualy indicate mechanical malfunction and this looks more like firmware failure, try to update firmware from the official epson site before doing anything else (in normal mode first and in service mode if it will not work).