WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
aurelie

WF-7720 WIC Firmware Downgrade Not Working

I bought a firmware flash key this morning.  But, the Epson firmware can't be flushed. The actually printer firmware is 10.46.FA27K7
Do you know what is the problem?  The WIC behaves like usual: download, install, then says the firmware is uploaded.
WIC  said the firmware was flushed, but printer keep on thinking..... I turned it off after 1H, and when I turned it on, it was on recovery mode. And no way to go back to normal mode....
And the key is already used, so no way to use it to flush again
I tried many times with an other software I bought few days ago ( INKCHIP ), but still same issue : "Rom is not writable"
How can I do to use refill cartridge with my printer ?

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm french

20201129_123611.jpg

20201129_123603.jpg

20201129_154026.jpg

Good day. Unfortunately this means that this version of the firmware has been blocked, you can restore normal behaviour by flushing latest version of the firmware from official site.

😭😭😭

So I can't use chipless firmware actually

Is it possible to refund the flashing key, as I can't have printer with chipless firmware ?

Many thanks

I am having the same issues. My WF-7720 is stuck in recovery mode. When I try to downgrade the firmware there's a message on the screen that says ROM NOT WRITABLE and all the lights are flashing. If I unplug the printer and then power it back up it says RECOVERY MODE. I've everything like the OP. John I followed the steps and I'm still in the same boat, stuck in recovery mode. Please help, please, if I don't finish these jobs it will be the end for me. 

Good day. You need to use free recovery firmware for this (first enable firmwares for recovery mode in the WICReset options from the mian menu) then you will see new list for your printer in the main interface, select recovery firmware for you model and follow instructions.

• Like 1

I have tried this but the WF-7720 is not in the recovery list. There has to be a solution for this. I can't believe that the chipless firmware is being sold for my model printer and not working correctly. 

Can you please help me. I really need this printer working. I have searched everywhere and read everything I could find and no one has an answer to this error. 

I downloaded the WIC from your site but mine doesn’t show this option. Where can I find the newest version?

I got the newest version installed. I performed the update, bought another firmware key, entered it, everything completed but it's still just in recovery mode.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: 

We are good! The printer had to finish it's internal update and it's back to normal! 

Thanks everyone for your help!

Jason

Edited by SBL
update results