WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
oasisaromatics

XP-15000 - 031006 fatal error

My printer is now stuck in "inspection mode", and when I try to boot into "normal mode" I get 031006 fatal error.
Cannot reflash the recovery firmware either so now I'm starting to get nervous my printer is totally bricked at two months old, with no way to return to factory settings. I saw someone else have this same problem on this message board, and I'm starting to think I should just get a chip re-setter for my next printer.
Bricking my printer and having to buy a new printer AND another chipless key that might brick my printer again doesn't sound very fun.

The printer responds to the software update, it says the update is complete. But the firmware remains when the printer is restarted, and it always restarts in "Inspection Mode". When powering off Inspection Mode, there is a red screen that that says "Inspection Flag: On".

Any chance I can get a key reissued if I end up returning the printer (and provide proof)? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get billed for the deposit once they figure out there's chipless firmware, and it's going to suck to have to buy another key on top of that. I have two XP-15000 and I haven't modified the 2nd one at all because of so many problems with the first (and I NEED one working printer), but I'm already heavily invested in refillables for this model. Unless you have some secret way to fix this error, according to epson it's most likely a major hardware failure.

What firmware version you currently have on the printer and what official version you are using for recovery. Also, are you updating the printer in the normal mode or service mode?

I am trying to downgrade the firmware to the emergency recovery firmware, because it is stuck in "inspection mode", and when I boot into regular mode I get the fatal error and cannot progress further through the screen. I am already using the NW07K7 firmware which was activated correctly. If you check your records again you can see I purchased another key yesterday to attempt and convert my second printer since I couldn't get a response from you guys. It's been less than 24 hours and this second printer is also bricked now. I find it baffling that anyone has managed to get this firmware to function at all. I was willing to bet that I must have screwed up a step the first time, but there's no way i did anything wrong this time, and now I have a second bricked printer without even printing a single page.

Have you got anywhere with this?  I'm on Xp-15000 with this NW07K7 firmware, it's worked fine for a week, and now 031006 error every time I start it.
Sitting on 100 prints that need to go out this weekend and I've got brick for a printer and no options to fix it.

Mine was still under warranty and i just received a new one today. I'm supposed to send the old one back so I'm assuming I'll be billed full retail priced when they see it's hacked firmware. 2manuals is offering less than zero support other than "make sure you are using the right firmware" despite the fact that this has nothing to do with my issue. Their radio silence is extremely distressing seeing as between two $50 keys I've managed exactly one single canvas print, and now I need to purchase a third key to try again. A fool and his money soon parted and all that. Maybe they are too busy updating their website to remove the outdated non functional firmware that keeps confusing everyone so much that their default response to every problem is "make sure you're using NWOK7K firmware".

• Like 1