WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Money

WF-7820, WF-7840 chipless firmware?

@John_AdminI don’t know how to reprogram IC chips from printers main board (need sold out chips, reprogram, sold back again). Is there a program where I could trade my 7820 for a older model so I can use the easier method ?

Looks like there is finally some headway! Will the modified binaries be available for other models such as WF7310? Or is it just for the 7820/7840? Will there be pre flashed chips available for purchase? 

@john admin, please confirm to me whether copying my L15150 eeprom chips using my tl866 programmer will work if i programme the same in wf 7840, 

On 12/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, John_Admin said:

Hello, do you plan to make firmware for these printers? Is it impossible or you just haven't started yet? I would like to know for sure whether such firmware will be now or in the future or not, because this is the only place where at least someone promised to do it.

I came across this video of someone installing a CISS with a wf-7830, but it's European. People are asking how he rendered it chipless, he replies that the EU does not allow Epson to be rendered unusable, which I assume means it's already chipless. If that's the case, do you suppose they sell wf-7820/40 over there as well in chipless format? Would it be an option to have one imported to the US?

In case I can't post links to YouTube, here's the video title: Ciss continuous ink system video for Epson WF-7840dtwf printer

for 7830 we have NO chipless firmware. 7820 and 7840 only

Sorry I don't know much about any of this and I feel really confused. Please excuse my ignorance at the process, I am completely new at this. Where is the chipless firmware for the WF 7820 located? All I see is the original option listed in the first post to reprogram the IC chips when I go on the list of devices and select the WF 7820. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there chipless firmware for the WF 7820 that does not require reprogramming the IC chips? If so please include a direct link to that.

I thought I had a great deal with this wide format WF but I can't afford to waste so much ink in the refillable cartridges I bought for sublimation. I also can't find replacement chips for them anywhere either. I want to set up a ciss system but it doesn't seem like thats going to happen with this model printer either. I also have a WF 2660 which also seems like it's a no go for chipless firmware.  I need help or I'm going to have to buy a whole new setup I guess.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!!!