WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
MallardsAreCool

WF-7210 - Error 034503/0x86C7 on startup - chipless

Hi, we have a WF 7210 with chipless firmware but all of a sudden, after we ran a head clean, we can't use the printer anymore. It will start up like normal and during the start up we get a error saying the cartridge cover isn't closed (We took the cartridge cover off and wasn't a issue in the past) then when we continue we will get error '034503'. This happened to our old Epson WF 7210 chipless but we ran a head clean via WIC reset. On this printer we only ran head cleans using the on board screen as we thought the old printer was broken by WIC.

We have tried:

• Putting the cartridge cover back on
  • Unplugging the printer for 2 mins
  • Re-installing chipless
  • Removing cartridges on startup
  • Using different cartridges
  • Turning the printer off during startup
  • Cleaning the print head service station

Is this something that we can fix?

Haven't seen a post on here except for this one (https://forum.2manuals.com/index.php?/topic/80851-wf-7110-error-close-ink-cartridge-cover-with-chipless-firmware/&tab=comments#comment-87898)

This post says it's the print head service station but everything seems to be moving fine and prior to the head clean we could print perfectly with no makings.

So we sorta fixed it? Not too sure...

We gave it one last ditch effort before we left work for the night a sprayed loads of cleaning solution into the print head service station, (I don't know if its bad for the electronics or what not) then cleaned it off the little pads where the ink is dumped.

Then when we rebooted the printer it worked fine and recommended we did a print nozzle check pattern, which came out fine. I will find the name of the cleaning solution later on today.

I'm going to keep updating this post in case anyone seems to run into the same issue, just follow this with caution as we don't know much about printers and are following our guts.

EDIT: This didn't work. We had a power cut and now the printer is showing the error again and we can't remove it. Turned on our old printer and now that's showing error 000043/0x2B... will be back soon with a update

EDIT 2: Now both printers are showing error 000043/0x2B..

EDIT 3: We got told it might be a gear on the right jamming so we are going to pull it apart this weekend. Will see how that goes.

EDIT 4: So I pulled it apart. Completely clueless on what could be wrong. There was a clear wheel on the front left so I gave that a good clean with some alcohol, this got it past the insta-error but it would still show a error so I cleaned it again. Insta-error. Then i forgot to plug a wire to a sensor to the top back in, black and red cable to main board. Then i got the same error (000043) so i messed with the cable and connectors and now its starting fine again! Will try this on the other printer and come back to let anyone know if this is the solution.

I'm guessing no one is here but I'll write the final solution when i find it.

This errors means printer can not move carriage properly - maybe something interferes with the free movement of the carriage - something broke off or got inside, or you need to lubricate the guides along which the carriage moves
Anyway - its hardware issue 

Hello! We thought it could be this as our belt at the top was damaged, we couldn't find a cheap replacement for this so we've just went out and got a ET 14000 which works wonders for dye sub printing. Sorry for no proper fix..

2 hours ago, MallardsAreCool said:

belt at the top was damaged

As I told you above - it is HARDWARE problem.
So it can not be fixed by software. Broken belt can not be fixed by software