WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
DiegoS

Epson WF-6090 - Chipless Firmware and End of Maintenance Box

Hello, a while ago I bought an epson WF-6090. I have read the various posts about the WIC utility and I have some questions before purchasing the key.
Once the maintenance box comes to an end (with chipless firmware) is it necessary to purchase two keys? One key for firmware downgrade (for maintenance box chip reset/change) and another key for chipless firmware?
I look forward to your responses, greetings!

AFAIK, you will need to update to official EPSON firmware for the printer to recognize new maintenance box and then, when installing chipless firmware again, it will ask you for a new key. So you only need one new key. You will need one key each time you want to upload chipless firmware to the printer.

• Like 1

The problem is that I have read from several people that when updating with the official version of the firmware on the epson page, the printer stops working.
Then other comments said that it was convenient to first put the <downgrade firmware> available in the wic program and then the <chipless firmware>... that's why I'm so confused