WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
khanmak

WF-C5290 - firmware tool freezes while activation

I have tried several times to install the firmware in the C5290 printer, I have downloaded several versions all of them when I start the firmware installer with the printer turned on in normal mode, the printer does not come out available in the installer so I can not continue with the installation. 

216379368_prendidanormal.jpeg.987130ab487ad0c22ca36d68d06c1d31.jpeg

When I put the printer in service mode, I do get the printer to continue with the installation. 

image.thumb.png.2390e33fbb7ba21d083d267126103c89.png

I install the firmware in update mode and everything goes fine, but when I run the tool to activate it freezes. And the printer has an error code 06008.

image.thumb.png.a81231559657db71d4b9e827bb32a119.png

image.thumb.png.f47f427971ea6619d4b6dcdcf03cd37b.png

Good day.

You need to install firmware in the normal mode.

First, if the error on your screenshot is constantly present, install the latest version of the firmware from official site and check if it's resolved.

Once you can work with the printer normally, use this guide to install the firmware:

https://forum.2manuals.com/index.php?/topic/80765-faq-_-how-to-update-and-activate-chipless-firmware-complete-guide/

Among other things, you need to make sure that USB connection is enabled in the settings and that no third-party application or service is interferes with the process.

I have another printer with exactly the same problem, I already made the recommendation, install the latest official firmware and after that already allows me to install the firmware chipless, but now when the printer restarts and the installer reaches 75% there it stays, it does not advance, I tried twice and I have left for more than an hour, it does not advance, it stays at 75%, if I cancel the installation and try to activate, the activator freezes and does not respond. 

the official firmware that I put in the printer is FW_CT17N2 from this version I am trying to put the chipless firmware. 

8499be75-9e03-47ec-97be-4c802e2aed30.jpeg

I have tried, turned the printer off, turned it back on, closed the chipless firmware installer, when I go to view the wic reset firmware version it freezes when I click on the report button. When I try to activate, the activation tool also freezes. In the setup menu, firmware update, firmware version says CT14I9, it looks correct, but I can't activate, the tool freezes.

firmware c5290.jpeg

Please, disconnect USB cable, restart the printer, connect it to the PC again, start status monitor from the driver and wait, until it shows printer's status. After this, disable status monitor and check the report in WIC, if it will work, try to activate firmware again.