WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Freewheelin

Epson XP-15000 Show Empty on Chipless

Hello All. I downgraded my Epson XP-1500 firmware to chipless last year and have been refilling my oem carts since then with no problem. I have been diligent in making sure my carts never go completely empty as they will loose capacity to refill. Today I was printing several 13x19 prints with mostly black background when the printer suddenly stopped in the middle of a print and the status monitor said my black cart was empty. I switched the cart to a full one at which point it showed full and continued the print. I always fill my carts to 27 grams. I weighed the cart that was supposed to be empty and it weighed 16 grams. I refilled this cart to 27 grams and stored. I was surprised that this happened as I thought the ink was always supposed to show full when running chipless. Has anyone else come across this with the XP-15000.

My current firmware is NW07K7 07/07/2020. This firmware has been installed since I downgraded to chipless. It has been suggested that I accidentally took a firmware upgrade but I know that didn't happen and wouldn't make sense, because if I accidentally upgraded my firmware I don't think my reused ink carts would work at all.985195369_PrinterFirmare.thumb.JPG.ad200ab3abfc0a28725f323704a23ce2.JPG

All ink cartridges are currently showing full and not dropping as I print so I think I will wait and see what happens. Being prompted to change the cartridge actually saved me from emptying it too low. So it is not really a problem because it showed full when replaced. Maybe they show full all the time but detect when they are actually empty to the level that the normal firmware would tell you to replace them. As we normally keep them topped up all the time on chipless maybe no one has let a cart go low enough to see this before.