WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Ted

How do I "reset" my Epson R3000 firmware

Due to constant head cleanings, I was told to try a "reset" of the firmware.  After installing WIC reset and selecting the R3000, it offers to do a "firmware update", but I do not see a choice for a "firmware reset".  I do not want to do the update if that is going to disable my ability to use resettable cartridges or cause any other issue.  I just want to try to stop the constant head cleaning.  I am using WIC Reset Utility version 5.65.  It is telling me that my current firmware is AS27B4 dated 27/04/2011.

What do you mean - "firmware reset"??? 
Firmware can not be reset - it is not counter. 
Firmware version can be changed to other version. Update or downgrade. 
Your firmware version is the same WIC has. 

Someone told me to do a reset, but I do not know what that is.  I think he did not know what he was talking about, so we can forget the word "reset".

My question now is, if I select "upgrade" firmware, will WIC reinstall the same firmware tha is already on my R3000.  If not, what will it do?  I just do not want to cause a problem by doing this.  I am wondering if reinstalling the firmware that is already on it will solve the problem of excessive head cleanings the R3000 is doing.

Barring some unexpected anomalous behaviour, writing same version of the firmware will do nothing and nothing will be changed. If you have access to another R3000 then copying eeprom from that printer to yours may or may not help but even if it will help it will remove every printer specific option on the device.

Question for "wic.support".  You put in your answer about my Epson R3000 a link to chipless firmware, but I do not see the Epson R3000 listed there.  Do you have chipless firmware for the R3000?  Thanks

If I understand correctly, you mean link to the guide? If so, then it is not the part of the post, it's in the signature and not related to your issue.

@John_Admin can you explain what the eeprom file you provided is?
Is this an eeprom dump of an Epson R3000? If so, how is it uploaded to the printer?
Do you have a map of the eeprom table by any chance?