WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Dale

wf3733 firmware downgrade?

Hello, i accidentally update firmware on printer
Current firmware version is CL14N7.
Release date of the current firmware is 14/07/2023.
'Supported Models' says that firmware downgrade is available but when i connect in service mode I only find wf3720. is it ok to use wf3720 firmware on wf3733?
regards, dale.

ok, so it appears I have made a significant mistake. I injected the wf3720 firmware into my wf3733 and now it only boots into recovery mode. It did not like the firmware. the program states that 3733 is available, but it does not show up in the list. What shall I do now?
thanks in advance. 
dale.

made some progress:
was able to use www.chiplesssolutions.com/download/FWF469TL_CL99J9_WF3720.zip

to recover, I can now boot printer, but I still cannot use my refilled ink cartridges. Do you have a driver rollback that works for my wf3733 that will allow me to use the other cartridges?

current firmware: CL30J5

Problem solved. Found the information I needed on other forum posts here and also at this link: https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=107&products_id=1837

My wf3733 is now working better than ever. Admin / moderator, you can disregard, but I will leave this thread here incase someone else finds it in future. 

with my wf3733, I pressed power button and spot on top right of screen (20 seconds) until the blue light by the power button flashed, as soon as it flashes, I let go of button and screen. It then goes into the mode to flash firmware (white text). if you keep holding buttons after light flashed, it will go into red text mode and you cannot flash.

I then used www.chiplesssolutions.com/download/FWF469TL_CL99J9_WF3720.zip firmware

and then the utility from 
https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=107&products_id=1837

everything working great, excellent value for the cost.

To successfully perform a firmware downgrade on the WF3733, it's recommended to use specialized software like the Delta App, which offers a streamlined and user-friendly process for this task.

DeltaExecutor, a robust tool for streamlining workflows, significantly enhances productivity by automating complex processes. Its intuitive interface simplifies task management, making it an indispensable asset for efficient operations.