WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Alvin777

How Do I Make a CISS Converted MP287 Be Normal & Accept Regular Genuine Cartridges Again?

Hi, until the new printer comes which could take awhile, how do I bring back the Canon MP287 which was converted to CISS and the Reset Utility was used so it can function as a converted CISS. This was converted 4 years ago in 2019, I wish I could remember what version or where I even downloaded the resetter tool (does anyone know the version of the resetter for this Canon model?).

It won't accept regular genuine original color and black cartridges that's the compatible cartridges for this unit. How to I reset it to go back to before I converted it to CISS so it can accept regular, genuine Canon cartridges?

The operating I can use are Windows 10 or Windows 11 and macOS Sonoma (I can install lower macOSes).

Thank you. God bless printer repairs.

Converting a Canon MP287 printer to a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) can be a convenient way to reduce printing costs and minimize cartridge replacements. However, if you want to revert to using regular genuine cartridges again, you can follow these steps:

1. Remove the CISS System: The first step is to remove the CISS system from your Canon MP287 printer. This involves disconnecting the ink tubes from the printer's ink cartridge slots and removing the external ink tanks. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for properly dismantling the CISS system.

2. Clean the Printer: After removing the CISS system, clean the ink cartridge slots and any residual ink from the printer's interior using a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water. Be gentle to avoid damaging any internal components.

3. Reset Printer Settings: Some printers may need to have their settings reset to recognize genuine cartridges properly. You can usually reset the printer to its default settings through the printer menu or control panel. Refer to your printer's user manual for specific instructions on resetting the printer settings.

4. Install Genuine Cartridges Once the printer has been cleaned and reset, install genuine Canon ink cartridges into the appropriate cartridge slots. Make sure to insert the cartridges securely until they click into place.

5. Perform Test Prints: After installing the genuine cartridges, perform test prints to ensure that the printer is functioning correctly. Print a test page or run a nozzle check to verify that the ink is flowing properly and that the print quality meets your expectations.

6. Dispose of CISS Components: Properly dispose of the components of the CISS system according to local regulations for electronic waste disposal. This may include recycling plastic components and disposing of any remaining ink in an environmentally responsible manner.

By following these steps, you can return your Canon MP287 printer to its original configuration and use genuine cartridges again. Remember to handle ink and printer components with care and follow proper disposal procedures to minimize environmental impact.

1. Remove the CISS System: The first step is to remove the CISS system from your Canon MP287 printer. This involves disconnecting the ink tubes from the printer's ink cartridge slots and removing the external ink tanks. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for properly dismantling the CISS system.

2. Clean the Printer: After removing the CISS system, clean the ink cartridge slots and any residual ink from the printer's interior using a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water. Be gentle to avoid damaging any internal components. Valero Credit Card

3. Reset Printer Settings: Some printers may need to have their settings reset to recognize genuine cartridges properly. You can usually reset the printer to its default settings through the printer menu or control panel. Refer to your printer's user manual for specific instructions on resetting the printer settings.

4. Install Genuine Cartridges Once the printer has been cleaned and reset, install genuine Canon ink cartridges into the appropriate cartridge slots. Make sure to insert the cartridges securely until they click into place.