WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
John_Admin

Recovery Mode error message - how to solve it

When Your printer gives Recovery Mode message - the solution is to upload Recovery Firmware.

It can be easily done by WIC Utility - it is Free and Secure for printer.

Recovery.jpg

Watch step-by-step video tutorial how to flash Recovery Firmware to Epson WF-3720 printer.

Other models have the same process.

Here You can ask questions regarding this procedure.

I got a few XP-342 printers stucked in recovery mode when i tried to make them chipless so when I do this recovery it remains chipless or become oem firmware?

The procedure can't be done for me: I can open Fix recovery mode menu (third line), then I can select my Epson wf-2510, then push UPDATE and I receive a warning message "Selected firmware: WF-2510 WF-2511 WF-2518 PX-505F. Please, make sure that selected firmware is matched to the printer. Otherwise reset key may be lost. Continue?" I push YES and the utility asks me to buy and insert a new firmware key. I tried inserting the firmware key I paid for, but it doesn't work. I'm stucked!835557725_Schermata2021-01-07alle18_18_11.thumb.png.5fa3c72aa6214a3f304e9abc4a7ec0e0.png2104436921_Schermata2021-01-07alle18_18_29.thumb.png.fd2c3ad372bf068364d1431f51e35e22.png

Ok, done! Now printer is again in Normal mode, thanks.

I cannot yet use not original refillable cartridges, although I have paid and used your firmware key to downgrade. I still get a Printer error message when I switch on the printer with not original cartridges installed.

I also checked Chipless solutions, but seems that my printer isn't supported. Any idea?

If you want your printer can work with NOT OEM ink cartridges - you can use Firmware Downgrade  or Chipless Firmware solutions.
As chipless firmware is not available for 2510 printer - the only way is to make firmware downgrade to 2016 firmware

I already tried Firmware downgrade. I've bought a Firmware key and performed the procedure in order to downgrade but it failed. The printer remained stucked with the message IPLH ROM NOT WRITABLE, as I said in another thread in this forum, but nobody answered. THen it passed in Recovery mode as I said before.

Please make following:
1. Reboot PC
2. Restart printer
3. Disable all USB processes - in WIC MENU - SUPPORT - Disable processes
4. Change USB cable.

Check if You are using latest WIC version V5.51 or higher
No proxy or firewall 

Try Other PC.