WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
m82492

Firmware wasn't downgraded

Hello

I am trying to downgrade my 1430's firmware. I read all instructions and watched the how to video. I bought a key and went through the process. It said that the firmware was sent to the printer and to wait for it to process. I waited about 20 minutes because there was no obvious sign that the process was done. I then rebooted the printer and it now still shows the current firmware. Nothing was changed. What am I supposed to do now to fix this and what did I do wrong? The firmware I selected was correct for the Artisan 1430 and it ended in 2012.

ScreenHunter 565.jpg

I saw from reading other posts that you ask for a error report to be sent from the software. I just sent that report in case you need it.

Good day. I received your report and unfortunately our firmware is incompatible with your device. SP1430 series is one of the very few models that has two incompatible lines of firmware, one uses AO prefix and another AA prefix.

Hello and thank you for the quick information. Is it possible to get refunded for the key that is basically useless? I looked at the compatible model list and the 1430 is on there with no mention that it only works with units with the AO firmware - https://www.wic.support/supported-printers-models-list/  . That may be good to add there. I would have caught that before hand.

Top notch customer service right there. Thank you. I can understand you can't refund for these keys most of the time but I appreciate you taking the time to realize it just didn't work for my model with the report I was able to send from within the software. I'll be back for a waste tank reset key!

I get the same issues he get. It gets stuck at 59% of downgrading and just freezes up.

It's an Epson artisan 1430. that's all it says so I guess it's not the fancy one. Using AO25G2+ version. Am I using the wrong on? Should I be using the AA?