WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
oddawajsanki

EPSON XP-445 Printer mode ink out error

Hi. I bought a damaged Epson XP-445 printer (the head ribbon was damaged), after replacing the ribbon I got an error that the fuse was blown, I replaced the fuse, maybe I didn't replace it but I shorted it and the error no longer exists. However, now I get an Ink out Error, which means that the printer cannot read the cartridge. Moreover, the printer is in some 'Printer Mode' and I can't really do anything... The printer is an Epson XP-445

photo_2023-10-24_17-43-45.jpg

Good day.

In order to disable this mode and return to the normal state you need to upload eeprom from the working device with WIC, like the one attached to this post, unfortunately, this will not help to recognize the ink cartriges but you may also install chipless firmware to bypass the problem altoghether. That said there are might be other hardware problems that will only become apparent after printer completed initialization routine so I can't guarrantee that it will work in the end.

XP-442 445_not_initialized.zip

@@wic.support everything went great, I have already exited the printer mode, now the only problem is that when I select the language country, I get an error:
Warning
The following ink cartridge cannot be recognized, try reinstalling and all CMYK lights are on, what can I do?

If you are sure that cartridges are compatible and there is no damage on the head then the problem is with the motherboard and unfortunately, I cannot help with that, you can try to bypass cartridge chips entirely by installing chipless firmware.