WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Doug

problem with xp 640 activation code

I updated my xp 640 printer with the firmware successfully but cant get the activation code to work. Where do I enter into the activation app?

Does the printer have to be in the update mode?

By usual mode, you mean normal operating mode?

I get an error when clicking <activate online> button. see attached picture. The printer is indicating firmware NK11JA2027590613_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.c261a1b81cf0e013fab888e1e371402c.png

I have followed the instructions and still get the error in the activation program that the printer is is not recognized. Screen shot in previous post. Can you also tell me if the firmware nk11ja is correct for epson xp640. I downloaded from your website. 
please help me resolve the issue. 

Edited by Doug
Added more info

Download new firmware version -
https://chiplesssolutions.com/download/chipless/XP640_FWG141TL_NK23I2_NK99Z9.zip

Extract all files to folder.

Upload firmware to  printer in normal mode  - dont put printer in Program Update mode -  the printer will restart , but the firmware won't get 100% - about  80%  -  just close it in task manager

Wait untill firmware uploads 100% or if you get error message -  firmware wasn't installed properly -  stop Updater in task manager and  use License.exe utility

Please reply about results.