WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
boxx17

XP-15000, error loading firmware 99%

I am having some trouble finding the instructions for installing the chipless firmware for Epson XP-15000, so I am guessing at the process from just a few comments I have read.

I was able to run the firmware installer (XP15000_FWG150TL_NW20I7_NW99Z9) and upload it to the printer in program update mode (via USB), that seems to work ok. It says "finished". The buttons don't work so I can only unplug it to turn it off. How do I know if it worked? When I go into settings on the printer and view the firmware version, I just see NW2017. It still barks at me about ink levels (I suppose it would until I purchased the license).

When I run the firmware installer in normal mode, the screen indicates its updating firmware for a minute or two and then, just goes to the normal epson menu (maintenance, settings, wifi) but the power light flashes steadily (but maybe because one ink cart is out?) The app on the PC will continue to slowly progress all the way to 100% where then I finally get the message "The printer's firmware was not updated." 

Did it update the first time around and I am just not aware? I didn't want to buy the license until I had some sort of confirmation its installed and will work correctly. Without instructions, I am not clear if I already updated it in 'program update mode' following the small instruction set where you download the firmware prior to buying the license or if thats just testing - or if I am supposed to do that in normal mode? - Some other models look like I am supposed to do it in normal mode, but thats the bit thats not working. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Annotation 2020-02-22 023036.png

Annotation 2020-02-22 024136.png

Would you need to be buy the chipless software if you update to NW07K7 from NW2017 or could you just use the recovery key that you get after installing the firmware? And if you can use the recovery key, how would you go about using it? By the way i have the chipless software from inkchip.

Im asking because im having a print error 031001 and 031002 on my epson xp15000 and im wondering if this could be the problem because i read something about this on another forum.