WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
EmilioEcheverria

WF-6090 Chipless is failing with the maintenence box.

Hi, I recently bought the Chipless firmware key for the WF-6090 printer. Sucessfully installed and it was all good until the printer throwed the full maintenence box's error.
I hard resetted the box but the message was never gone. I had to install the original firmware to get ride of the message but when installing back the chipless solution the counter is always going down for the box and there is no way to get it full even if I switch the box with a totally new one.

I already installed twice the firmware. I bought two keys for this and still not able to use the printer properly. 
It's having this persistent error with the box.
It's buggy... @John_Admin are you able to fix it? I really need my printer working with the chipless solution, I bought it because it was a supported model for chipless firmware.

I already bought like 5 keys for the WF-5190 and no issues at all with that printer, I only have a huge thank you for your solutions.

• Thanks 1

Good day. Please, try to install latest standard version then reset or replace maintenance box and make sure that it`s recognized by printer then download chipless firmware from the site again.

Hi @wic.support I already did it and the box was recognized well by the original Firmware. But as soon I apply the chipless firmware it doesn't recognize the changes on the box until it's full and once it throws the full box error message there is no way to unlock the printer. Only running on service mode and reinstalling the original firmware. It's like the printer is not reading the box's chip at all and somehow the counter is internally running.
The main issue is that for doing that I already throw one key (20 bucks) and also if I have to do it again the ink cartridges will throw the empty cartridges error, forcing me to buy on set of cartridges (a bunch of bucks).

We will need to test it further, I will write back as soon as I will have new information. Just to be clear, does reinstalling official firmware and replacing maintenance box then using chipless firmware again temporary helps until new maintenance box is full again or does the printer immediately stops recognizing new maintenance box once chipless firmware is installed again?

@wic.support I'm soft developer, I have 15 years of experience in this let me explain exactly the relevant information:

1. Once the ChiplesFirmware is installed, cartridges are properly hacked.
  2. With ChiplessFirmware the maintenence box continues decreasing, It would not be a problem since I have the hard reset for that.
  3. With ChiplessFirmware once the box is full of waste, it gives you the error message and blocks the printer until you change the box (standard behavior).
  4. Even you change the box or restart the printer without box installed it still request for a new box, It doesn't even detect that there is no box at all.
  5. Once you switch back to original firmware, the box is recognized and showing the proper level for it, also detecting whenever you don't have a box in it.
  6. When you apply the ChiplessFirmware again it starts behaving the same.
  7. The "box counter" when you install the ChiplessFirmware keeps the same as before installing the Chipless firmware, if it's restarted with the original firmware it will be kept restarted but continues decreasing the counter.

My impression is that chip reader is disabled, the internal counter works as always and because of the chip reader is disabled it's not detecting whatever the tank's chip has stored not allowing you change or reset the maintenance tank information on the printer.

Solutions could be: restore the chip reader for the tank or make the counter not decreasing as it's on the WF-5190 Chipless solution.

I will need to install a new chipless firmware for other printer, can I get back the extra key I used for this so I can install the chipless Firmware in the new machine I have?

Thanks!

Good day. Please, check private messages.

Also
Please, install latest official version of the firmware, then replace/reset maintenance box and make sure that it is recognized by the printer, after this install chipless firmware (firmware with disabled ink cartridges) back. You have to use new Firmware Key. 

• Like 1

@wic.support I'm soft developer, I have 15 years of experience in this let me explain exactly the relevant information:

1. Once the ChiplesFirmware is installed, cartridges are properly hacked.
  2. With ChiplessFirmware the maintenence box continues decreasing, It would not be a problem since I have the hard reset for that.
  3. With ChiplessFirmware once the box is full of waste, it gives you the error message and blocks the printer until you change the box (standard behavior).
  4. Even you change the box or restart the printer without box installed it still request for a new box, It doesn't even detect that there is no box at all.
  5. Once you switch back to original firmware, the box is recognized and showing the proper level for it, also detecting whenever you don't have a box in it.
  6. When you apply the ChiplessFirmware again it starts behaving the same.
  7. The "box counter" when you install the ChiplessFirmware keeps the same as before installing the Chipless firmware, if it's restarted with the original firmware it will be kept restarted but continues decreasing the counter.

My impression is that chip reader is disabled, the internal counter works as always and because of the chip reader is disabled it's not detecting whatever the tank's chip has stored not allowing you change or reset the maintenance tank information on the printer.

Solutions could be: restore the chip reader for the tank or make the counter not decreasing as it's on the WF-6090 Chipless solution.

I will need to install a new chipless firmware for other printer, can I get back the extra key I used for this so I can install the chipless Firmware in the new machine I have?

Good day. Did you tried this:

Please, install latest official version of the firmware, then replace/reset maintenance box and make sure that it is recognized by the printer, after this install chipless firmware (firmware with disabled ink cartridges) back. You have to use new Firmware Key. 

In my case..  you don't need to change the actual maintenance box, run the chipless firmware again and activate, override the same firmware , the waste tank status will go about 75%, that's it. What you need to do is to modify the maintenance box put a bottle or rinse the sponge. See you tube