WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
jfprinter

WF-C5790 - will not update CV99Z9 - it show CV14I9

Hello,

I would like to buy the chipless solution for the C5790 Epson printer. I downloaded the firmware from the chiplessolutions.com page, and updated using the Program Update Mode, then got error code 060008 because it must be updates using normal mode. 

The problem is, that when I updated the printer in Program Update Mode, when it finished updating, the screen said: version CV14I9, not CV99Z9 as the RAR file says in the new firmware. Is this ok? If I apply the activation license key will it work? I would very much like to know, if you would be so kind, the difference between these two versions, what is fixed in one another. 

In normal mode, the CV99Z9 firmware downloaded from the page, when finished uploading the new firmware says "Transfer complete" then "Version confirmed", but won't get to 100%, and finish properly, as before, now it says after 10 minutes, a message error, that firmware might no have been updated. The printer says in firmware version: "CV14I9".

I would like to buy your codes, instead of the chinese one from WinnerJet Donnguan, to try it.

Thank you so much,  John

Hello @John_Admin I saw in another post you made, that the firmware update does not get to 100%. It gets to about 80%. I tried in Program Update Mode, but will not update and show that particular version (CV99Z9), it shows version CV14I9 after updating.. I need the printer to be chipless. What are the steps I must take to make this happen? Taking into consideration the information I have provided. 

I'm ready to buy the key at the moment I can succesfully upgrade the firmware. 

Thank you for your reply. 

John

123123.jpg

After updating using Firmware downloaded from chiplesssolutions page (CV99Z9) the one specified for WF-C5790. Will not update to version CV99Z9. Stays on CV14I9. Using program update mode and normal mode (this normal mode won't get to 100%, get's to about 80%, transfers the file, verifies the version, but not succesfully updates on printer, that reboots, then shows still CV14I9). @wic.support @John_Admin

2232323.jpg

The problem is, that when I updated the printer in Program Update Mode, when it finished updating, the screen said: version CV14I9, not CV99Z9 as the RAR file says in the new firmware. Is this ok? If I apply the activation license key will it work? I would very much like to know, if you would be so kind, the difference between these two versions, what is fixed in one another. 

Yes it is ok that it show CV14I9 version.  
You see in updater CV99Z9 version bcoz we made a trick to allow Epson to upload firmware as it was the latest version CV99Z9 but indeed we need to upload chipless CV14I9 version, but Epson doesn't allow to upload old versions, so need show Epson as it is new version.

Is it clear for you this time??
You can buy and use Activation Key now!